Unattainable things by Chiara Bautista
- Water tank: Filtered water is kept in the tank and slowly released into the breadbaskets below
- Vegetables growing in breadbasket: Breadbaskets filled with porous lava stoned are used to grow vegetables. The stones and vegetables roots trap the nutrients and filter the water which then flows into the fish tank below.
- Fish droppings enrich the water with nutrients for growing vegetables
- A variety of small vegetables can be grown such as swiss chard, cows peas, eggplants, sweet peppers, etc.
- Pump: A solar powered or had pump recycles the water to the top tank, ready for the cycle to start again.
- Chickens provide meat and eggs for consumption and/or for sale. Their droppings are captured and used to feed the fish.
This unique system integrates fish, poultry and vegetable farming using recycled water. It is designed to maximise the yield of each component, whilst minimising the amount of water required. Our research has shown that Haller’s aquaponics system uses only 2% of the water conventionally needed for the same vegetable production. This is particularly important in drought-prone areas in Africa. Haller’s aquaponics system is also affordable, it is made with low cost materials that can be found locally.
We have made several changes to this initial design – in particular to the fish tanks. A revised illustration is currently being worked on.
What a day.
Got called by a phony debt collector trying to scare me into settling a debt that I didn’t owe. Life pro tip, kids: read up on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and quote that shit at any skeezy debt collectors who call you up threatening legal action.
If somebody calls you up trying to bully you into shit like that, get their name, address, name of the company they work for, phone number, and email address. Do not give them any personal info over the phone, especially bank account numbers, debit or credit card numbers, or other financial information. Demand that they send you written proof of the debt.
If they get pissed off, yell at you, threaten legal action, tell them you’ll be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
Yes, good point. I’ll edit my posts.
When school administrators recorded the rape in the rapist’s file (which medical examination noted to include “anal tearing and bruising”), they called it “inappropriate touching.”
Ronnie Blair, who ran unsuccessfully earlier this year for superintendent, remains principal of Sparkman Middle and Teresa Terrell remains assistant principal. Former assistant principal Jeanne Dunaway is now principal of Madison County Elementary School.